Surfing on the internet may seem easy and safe, but almost all your activities online, the web pages you visit, the services you access, how long you view an item online, what apps you use, etc. can be tracked. In this module, you will learn how to surf the world wide web safely and privately.
Estimated time: 1h10m
Please, make sure you turned on Subtitles option on YouTube.
Take the quiz and test your knowledge!
1. What do we aim to avoid when keeping our devices secure?Correct! Wrong!
2. Why illegal and unlicensed anti-virus software is dangerous for our security?Correct! Wrong!
3. What is Phishing?Correct! Wrong!
4. How can we guess whether the letter from the service provider is suspicious or not?Correct! Wrong!
5. What do we want to achieve when use TOR browser?Correct! Wrong!
6. If we want to avoid tracking of our online activities in regular browser, what we have to do?Correct! Wrong!
7. What differs VPN solution from a regular Proxy Server?Correct! Wrong!
1 Additional Material
Please check “Security in a Box” toolkit jointly developed by Front Line Defenders and Tactical Tech to find out more digital security tools and tactics to be used during your human rights work.
The Tactics Guides in this toolkit cover basic principles such as how to create strong passphrases and avoid malware. The Tool Guides offer step-by-step instructions to help you install, configure and use essential digital-security software and services.